The main purpose of this category is for a non-EEA adult dependent relative who is 18 or over, to be cared for in the United Kingdom by their settled family.You may be dependent on a son, daughter, parent, grandchild, brother or sister who is present and settled in the UK.

If you are thinking about joining your settled family in the UK, you need to prove that;

  • The care you require is both long-term and necessary every day for personal tasks e.g. washing, dressing and cooking etc.;
  • The care you require is as a result of illness, age or disability;
  • This type of care is either not available or affordable in the country you reside in;
  • Your sponsor cannot help you practically or financially to acquire the level of care required whilst you are in that country;
  • No individual in that country is able to provide this care;
  • The family member you are thinking of joining is able to take care of you, accommodate and support you for a minimum of 5 years (with an undertaking signed), and must not have recourse to public funds.

On successful application, the applicant will be granted indefinite leave to enter the UK.

For further information, or if you think you may qualify, please don’t hesitate to contact us.