Tier 4 – Students
Looking to study in the UK under the Tier 4 (Student) visa route?
Applying to study in the United Kingdom is an exciting prospect. Along with other Points Based System (PBS) categories, Tier 4 brings the enforcement of strict criteria, which prospective students now have to abide by. It is important that visas are not refused because your offer of study could be cancelled. Those wishing to study in the United Kingdom (for longer than 30 days and/or a non-recreational course) must obtain a Tier 4 Student visa, under the Points Based System (please see our recent article for further changes to this route).
To be eligible for a UK student visa you must;
- Have obtained an offer of study in the United Kingdom from a qualified education institution
- Be able to speak, read and write in English (Not applicable to ‘Child Students’)
- Have sufficient funds, showing that you can support yourself and pay for your course
Depending on your circumstances, there are two routes under Tier 4 of the Points Based System which a prospective student can take;
1. Tier 4 (General) Student – To apply for this category, a prospective student must be at least 16 years of age.
2. Tier 4 (Child) Student – This category is for children between the ages of 4 and 17 coming to study at an independent/fee paying school in the United Kingdom.
Under the Tier 4 (Child) Student visa, children below the age of 12 can be accompanied to the UK by a parent or legal guardian. The parent or legal guardian must apply for a special visitor visa.
Once you are in the UK under Tier 4 there could be the possibility to switch to another immigration status.
Unsuccessful Visa Applications
It is crucial that mistakes are not made when applying for a Tier 4 visa as this could result in applications being turned down, making it more difficult to re-apply.
At Migrate UK, we make the process of obtaining a Student visa completely hassle-free, offering you peace of mind and a service second to none. Our expert team will ensure that you receive;
- A comprehensive package, tailor made for each student – No application is generic, thus, we treat each application individually
- Current immigration knowledge – With immigration rules changing frequently, we are extremely committed to revising changes daily
- Pre-study advice – Giving you a run-through of all the requirements when entering the UK
- Visa aftercare – Including visa extensions and post study advice
- A good service – If you are not successful in your application, we do not believe it is fair to charge you